NEW ZEALAND TARANAKI

Einstein's Riddle?

This is apparently a problem developed by Einstein last century. He said that 98% of the people in the world can not solve it. Are you among the other 2%?


THE RIDDLE: -

1. There are 5 houses in 5 different colours

2. In each house lives a person with a different nationality

3. These 5 owners drink a certain beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet.

4. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same drink.

WHO KEEPS FISH?

CLUES:-

1. The Brit lives in a red house.

2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.

3. The Dane drinks tea.

4. The green house is on the left of the white house.

5. The green house owner drinks coffee.

6. The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.

7. The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.

8. The man living in the house right in the centre drinks milk.

9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.

10. The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats.

11. The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.

12. The owner who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.

13. The German smokes Prince.

14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.

15. The man who smokes Blend has a neighbour who drinks water.

THE ANSWER IS BELOW.....

 

 

KEEP GOING DOWN...

 

 

 

 

KEEP GOING....

 

 

 

ALMOST THERE!

 

 

 

AT LAST! HERE IS THE ANSWER!!

House colour
Yellow
Blue
Red
Green
White
Nationality
Norwegian
Dane
Brit
German
Swede
Pet
Cats
Horses
Birds
Fish
Dogs
Beverage
Water
Tea
Milk
Coffee
Beer
Cigar
Dunhill
Blend
Pall mall
Prince
Blue master

 


FIND OUT MORE:-

  1. Find out more about Albert Einstein. What was he like at school? What did he become famous for much to the surprise of his teachers?
  2. Create your own riddles and get you rfriends to solve them

RETURN TO FUN! Science Activities and Technology Projects

 

up arrowback to top  

Home | Search | About Us | Science Fair | Technical data | Microbiology | Games Design | Robotics / Electronics | e-Learning ICT | Downloads | Gifted children | Teachers resources | Courses / workshops | Publications / papers

        All rights reserved